In the middle of the dirty part


Moving into and cleaning a new place is both cathartic and gross. Your putting energy into your new home, but cleaning grime that belongs to strangers. I am so judgemental. I wonder outloud how people raised a child in this, then I proceed to clean the baseboards with a toothbrush. I find a great satisfaction in getting those darkened little corners sparkly clean, though I must look a tad bonkers. I truly can't wait till this in between part is through. We're not sleeping here yet, painting still needs to be done, the moving truck is scheduled for Friday with the furniture, we've been eating Subway sandwiches in abundance. I watched Martha a bit today (with a Subway sandwich in hand) and dreamed of cooking a meal in my new kitchen.
Like this post? Help spread the craftyFOLK word by clicking the retweet button below.

No comments: